Fund Your Utopia Without Me.™

16 August 2012

Let's Face It: Bloviating & Assuming Facts Not In Evidence Are "Unseemly"



M2RB:  Monty Python







How Sweet to be an Idiot...







Re:      Poaching allegation by Paul-Cincy.  His comments will be in blue.  His reposting of my comments will be in yellow.




“Poaching is unseemly.”

Paul-Cincy on August 16, 2012 at 5:49 PM



You might wish to read the QOTD thread from last night concerning your comment “poaching is unseemly.”

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 5:55 PM



“OK. This situation has way more information than I want to process and collate and decide on.”



As I said, I don’t have any advertising on my blog nor do I make a single penny from it. I was merely offering it as a place for HA regulars to meet BECAUSE NEARLY ALL OF THEM HAVE SAID THAT THEY WILL LEAVE HA IF FB REGISTRATION BECOMES MANDATORY IN ORDER TO COMMENT ON THIS SITE.
[blah blah blah]

If you consider that poaching, then I’m guilty as charged.

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM




“I understand poaching to be poaching members, whether or not money is involved. You host, you’re substituting your authority for Ed’s and AP’s in making admin decisions, and admin decisions will be made on membership issues. Your interest beyond money, I don’t know enough about you.

As I consider myself a HotGasian, I understand you wanting to keep the HotGas atmosphere as it is. I enjoy the interactions here. I’d only post via facebook using a fake name, if I had to.

You want to be Prince Charming on the white horse, well, there’s more to it than that. It took hard work to form the HotGas community. My attitude is, you don’t like how it’s being run, then start your own like they did, from scratch, or join one that’s more to your liking. There’s a creeping feeling of dread among the admins when a membership talks about moving to another platform. Why do that to Ed and AP? Have they treated you unfairly?”

Paul-Cincy on August 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM



***************************************************


“You host, you’re substituting your authority for Ed’s and AP’s in making admin decisions, and admin decisions will be made on membership issues.”

Paul-Cincy on August 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM



BS. I was NOT the first person to suggest using my website as a meeting place for the DROVES of HA regulars, who have gone on the record stating that they WILL LEAVE if FB registration becomes mandatory.



“Your interest beyond money, I don’t know enough about you.”

Paul-Cincy on August 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM



My interest is this:

If the Council issues a diktat that all villagers must join the Labour Party in order to meet at the townhall, which has historically been used by conservatives and libertarians, then I will open my home to anyone, who would like a place to meet and discuss the pertinent issues of the day.

The HA administration is free to make whatever decisions that it wants and HotAirians have made it clear over the past week that they, too, will exercise their right to make their own decisions as to whether they will consider lining the pockets of liberal millionaires and billionaires in order to comment on a conservative website.



“You want to be Prince Charming on the white horse, well, there’s more to it than that.”

Paul-Cincy on August 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM



Actually, I don’t. I do not, have not, nor ever will have a desire to grow a penis and ride in to save anyone on a white stallion.

Penis envy is soooooooooooooooooooo 19th century.



“It took hard work to form the HotGas community. My attitude is, you don’t like how it’s being run, then start your own like they did, from scratch, or join one that’s more to your liking. There’s a creeping feeling of dread among the admins when a membership talks about moving to another platform. Why do that to Ed and AP? Have they treated you unfairly?”

Paul-Cincy on August 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM



Are you kidding me? Do you seriously think that I am trying to hurt Hot Air, Ed and/or Allahpundit? Really? I have no ill-will or animus to them at all.

I LOVE HOT AIR, ED & ALLAHPUNDIT AND LOATHE FACEBOOK….AS DO ABOUT 95% PERCENT OF THE HOTGASIANS THAT HAVE COMMENTED ON THIS ISSUE. WE ARE **BEGGING** THEM NOT TO DO THIS!!!

PS: You obviously did not read my response to you yesterday. I will find it for you.

Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 7:10 PM



Look at the timestamps from Tuesday night’s QOTD:


“We do need to keep in touch. I’ve been going to start a blog, but still haven’t had time. Perhaps we can hook up over at “Resist We Must’s” blog? I’m checking out for the night but will check this thread in the morning.”

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM




“We do need to keep in touch. I’ve been going to start a blog, but still haven’t had time. Perhaps we can hook up over at “Resist We Must’s” blog? I’m checking out for the night but will check this thread in the morning.”

JPeterman on August 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM


“Terrific idea. Will do, and I will likewise check here in the morning.”

GrannyDee on August 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM





“You can all use my blog, if you want. I was thinking about starting a companion community site where people can register to post articles.

I don’t care about language although I think that we could all agree that some decorum (overt racism, anti-Semitism, etc.) would warrant warnings or bannings. On the community page, we could make decisions as a community.

As you all know, I don’t have any advertising on my blog and make no money off of it so you there would be no aggravating pop-up ads, etc.

I love HA, but I hate FB and will never join it. If HA goes the way of FB, I — like many of you — will be out of here.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to raise the possible alternative. Obviously, my feelings wouldn’t be hurt if you guys said no. It’s not a vanity offer. Just an alternative offer to avoid FB tyranny.

:-) G’nite!

Resist We Much on August 15, 2012 at 3:21 AM




Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 7:24 PM



Then, start on Page 4 mid-thread and read the comments from people, who were actually there when the entire subject came up:



Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 7:25 PM





 “OK. This situation has way more information than I want to process and collate and decide on.”

- Paul-Cincy on August 16, 2012 at 6:29 PM



....which is why only bloviating ignoramuses would jump into a debate, not knowing the facts, and accuse someone without the evidence to back up their claims.  Bloviating ignoramuses like President Obama and Harry Reid are known to make wild-ass allegations and smears because, well, "acting stupidly" that's just how they roll...

Apology accepted.


*******************************************************


"I was interested enough to read some of it, but my honest opinion is that you are spending too much of your time and considerable talent rebutting claims that, to my knowledge, only one person has raised. Quit sweating him and just keep doing what you do. You do it well! My two cents…"
KCB on August 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM

 

Thanks for your kind words. It is done now. I’ve destroyed his arguments with actual timestamps. Basically, he did the equivalent of a Harry Reid. Accusing me of “poaching” and trying to hurt Hot Air, Ed, and Allah were charges that I would not — could not — leave unanswered. As I proved, the first mentions of the possibility of using my blog as a meeting place in the event of mandatory FB registration came from another poster and was seconded nearly 2 hours before I even weighed in on the subject.

The man falsely accused me of trying to hurt good people and defamed me by implying that I had some nefarious motivation. Turning the other cheek is not my nature. Perhaps, it is the lawyer in me, but when someone makes a blatantly and demonstrably false allegation, I will take him apart bit-by-bit with the truth and the evidence to back it up. 

For those kinds of people, it is simply not enough to tell them that they are wrong. They must be obliterated by the facts and humiliated enough to think twice before ever doing such again either to me or anyone else on Hot Air.

As I said, it is now over and I have returned to regularly-scheduled programming.

~~wink, wink~~


Resist We Much on August 16, 2012 at 11:50 PM


http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/16/quotes-of-the-day-1119/comment-page-2/#comment-6148210






No comments: