Fund Your Utopia Without Me.™

14 August 2012

Hey, Dems, Why Don't You Tell Us How You Really Feel About Paul Ryan?



M2RB:  KISS, live at Rock Am Ring 2010 






Tonight, we wanna see it in your eyes
Feel the magic...
There's something that drives us wild
And, tonight, we're gonna make it all come true
'Cause Paul, you were made for us
And, Paul, we were made for you.

We were made for lovin' you, baby
You were made for lovin' us
And, I can't get enough of you, baby
Can you get enough of us?


(Paul, in case you don't know, Clinton is a hound dog)







 
Math is hard.
It is even harder when you're stupid.
And, it is downright impossible when you're a Progressive.



 **************************************************


"Not for nothing but while we're on the topic of Paul Ryan look what a Reagan conservative has to say: "Mr. Ryan’s plan is devoid of credible math or hard policy choices. And it couldn’t pass even if Republicans were to take the presidency and both houses of Congress. Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan have no plan to take on Wall Street, the Fed, the military-industrial complex, social insurance or the nation’s fiscal calamity and no plan to revive capitalist prosperity — just empty sermons.'



- Troll Northern Patriot on The Paul Ryan Choice by Thomas Sowell thread, 1:27 PM, 14 August 2012



A couple of funny things happened on the road to eviscerate Paul Ryan led by idiots like Northern Patriot and David Stockman, who was forced to resign as Director of the Office of Management and Budget for a stint during the Reagan Administration* ... and they are called "OVERT & EXUBERANT PRAISE" from some Democrats FOR his "credible math and hard policy choices" and "THE EPIC MELTDOWN" of other Democrats/MSM, but I repeat myself, BECAUSE OF his plan's "credible math and hard policy choices."  

There is no need for me to waste bandwidth by posting the "Ohhhh!!! You cursed brat!  Look what you've done!! I'm melting, melting. Ohhhhh, what a world, what a world!  Who would have thought that some little racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, theocratic, intolerant, bigoted, faerie-in-the-sky-believing, squirrel-n-dirt-eating, single-tooth-brushing-comb-overing, snake-handline, tongue-talking, magic-underwear-wearing, totalitarian-in-lamb's-clothing, son-marrying-sister/mummy, liberty-loving, old-rich-white-Founding-Fathers-worshiping, hate-chicken-eating, Constitution-Conservative-Christofascist cultist like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness.  OHHHHHHH!!! NO!!! I'm going...ohhhhhhh..ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...." whining  and temper-tantrums.  

They are all too well-known already (Yes, I'm talking to you Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Joe Biden, Rachel Maddow, Soledad O'Brien, Chris "Mr B.O.Tingles, Dance -- to Obama's commands" Matthews, Kristen Powers, David Brock, the entire The Nation team, Howard Fineman, Earl Ofari Hutchinson, etc.  Far more interesting are these less-known-but-in-need-of-massive-circulation (Yeah, readers, I'm talking to you...:-)): 



"I think Paul [Ryan], for example, the head of the Budget Committee, has looked at the budget and has made a serious proposal. I've read it. I can tell you what's in it. And there's some ideas in there that I would agree with but there's some ideas we should have a healthy debate about because I don't agree with them. The major driver of our long-term liabilities, everybody here knows, is Medicare and Medicaid and our health care spending. Nothing comes close. That's going to be what our children have to worry about....THIS IS AN ENTIRELY LEGITIMATE PROPOSAL."
 
- President Barack Obama, 2010 




"Have any of you met Paul Ryan? We should get him to come to the university. I’m telling you this guy is amazing, uh. I always thought that I was OK with arithmetic, but this guy can run circles around me. And, he is honest. He is straightforward. He is sincere.

And, the budget that he came forward with is just like Paul Ryan. It is a sensible, straightforward, serious budget and it cut the budget deficit by $4 trillion…just like we did.


The President came out with his own plan and the President came out, as you will remember,

with a budget and I don’t think anyone took that budget very seriously. Um, the Senate voted against it 97 to nothing. He, therefore, after a lot of pressure from folks like me, he came out with a new budget framework and, in the new budget framework, he cut the budget deficit by $4 trillion over 12 years. And, to be candid, this $4 trillion cut was very heavily back-end loaded. So, if you looked at it on a 10 year basis and compared apples-to-apples, it was about a $2.5 trillion cut.”


- Erskine Bowles, Democratic Chairperson of Obama’s National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform, White House Chief of Staff, Clinton’s Administrator of the Small Business Administration, President of the University of North Carolina, life-long Democrat, University of North Carolina, 8 September 2011




"It really starts from the proposition that no one would go out and buy a house without some idea of knowing what they're paying for.

And much of what we're going to have to do with Medicare is to be sure that traditional Medicare with its purchasing power can be maintained, while at the same time we offer private sector choices, so that the two will strengthen each other. And in that sense, we recognize that much of the Medicare debate is not at all ideological."


- Senator Ron Wyden (PROGRESSIVE-OR) on the Ryan-Wyden Medicare Reform Plan, 2012


 
 
Then there's the off-mic moment caught on 25 May 2011 between Clinton and Ryan backstage at an event.  In the cellphone footage, aired by ABC News at the time...

Clinton said he hoped a recent Democratic congressional victory wouldn't be used "as an excuse to do nothing."

"My guess is it's going to sink into paralysis is what's going to happen," Ryan told the former president. "And you know the math. I mean, it's just we knew we were putting ourselves out there. But you've got to start this. You've got to get out there. You've got to get this thing moving."

Clinton opened the door, saying: "If you ever want to talk about it ..."

"Yeah, I'll give you a call," Ryan said.



 
"A wonderful thing has happened for this country. Paul Ryan will be the Republican nominee for vice president.

Ryan is a real fiscal conservative. He isn’t just another Tea-Party ideologue spouting dogma about less government and the magic of free enterprise. He has actually crunched the numbers and laid out long-term budget proposals.  My liberal friends point out that Ryan’s plan leaves many details unclear. That’s true. But show me another Republican who has addressed the nation’s fiscal problems as candidly and precisely as Ryan has. He’s got the least detailed budget proposal out there, except for all the others.

Ryan refutes the Democratic Party’s bogus arguments. He knows that our domestic spending trajectory is unsustainable and that liberals who fail to get it under control are leading their constituents over a cliff, just like in Europe. Eventually, you can’t borrow enough money to make good on your promises, and everyone’s screwed. Ryan understands that the longer we ignore the debt crisis and postpone serious budget cuts—the liberal equivalent of denying global warming—the more painful the reckoning will be. There’s nothing compassionate about that kind of irresponsibility.

Maybe, like me, you were raised in a liberal household. You don’t agree with conservative ideas on social or foreign policy. But this is why God made Republicans: to force a reality check when Democrats over-promise and overspend.

Ryan refutes the GOP’s bogus arguments, too. He proves that you don’t need private-sector experience to be a good lawmaker. He proves that a genuine conservative, as opposed to a Tea-Party ideologue, votes for bailouts when economic sanity requires them. Ryan also shows that a real conservative doesn’t worship any part of the budget, including defense. His expenditure caps can’t be squared with Romney’s nutty pledge to keep military spending above four percent of GDP. And Ryan destroys Romney’s ability to continue making the dishonest, anti-conservative argument that Obamacare is evil because it cuts Medicare. Now Romney will have to defend the honest conservative argument, which is that Medicare spending should be controlled.

This morning I heard Ari Fleischer say Ryan is a good pick because Republicans don’t want somebody who thinks and talks like an accountant. That’s exactly wrong.

What’s great about Ryan is that he does think like an accountant. 

It speaks enormously well for Romney that he made this choice. It tells me he’d run the country the same way he ran Massachusetts: as a prudent, numbers-oriented businessman.

Ryan may not help Romney win this election. For the reasons given above, he may actually hurt the ticket. And there’s a good argument to be made—which Democrats surely will make—that Ryan’s emphasis on austerity is a bad fit for a weak economy. But Ryan’s ideas are important for the future. As the recovery proceeds, we’ll move out of a context in which stimulus made sense, and toward a context in which reining in deficits and debt becomes more essential. We’ll need more attention to those traditional Republican principles. We’ll need more voters, especially young voters, who value those principles. We’ll need a generation that thinks like Paul Ryan.

The party of John Boehner and Mitch McConnell, the party of spite and bloviating and recklessness and extremism, isn’t for me.

I’m voting for Obama.

But four years from now?

In a stronger economy, with a runaway debt?

And Ryan at the top of the ticket?

That’s awfully tempting.

- William Saletan, Why I Love Paul Ryan (...Even Though I'm A Liberal And Voting For Obama) - He’s What A Republican Should Be: An Honest, Open-Minded, Solution-Oriented Fiscal Conservative, Slate.com, 11 August 2012 


PASS IT ALONG...




* A few reminders about David Stockman:

Stockman's influence within the Reagan Administration decreased after the Atlantic Monthly magazine published the famous 18,246 word article, "The Education of David Stockman," in its December 1981 issue, based on lengthy interviews Stockman gave to reporter William Greider.

He was quoted as referring to Reagan's tax act as: "I mean, Kemp-Roth [Reagan's 1981 tax cut] was always a Trojan horse to bring down the top rate.... It's kind of hard to sell 'trickle down.' So the supply-side formula was the only way to get a tax policy that was really 'trickle down.' Supply-side is 'trickle-down' theory."

Of the budget process during his first year on the job, Stockman was quoted as saying: "None of us really understands what's going on with all these numbers," which was used as the subtitle of the article.

After his forced resignation, he went onto Blackstone, an investment banking firm, and then to Wall Street.  He was later indicted for securities fraud although the Justice Department declined to prosecute him.  He oversaw the losses of millions of investors' dollars.

 In 2003, Stockman installed himself as CEO of Collins & Aikman Corporation, a Detroit-based manufacturer of automotive interior components. He was ousted from that job days before a Chapter 11 filing.   


I Was Made For Loving You - Kiss

Do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do
Do, do, do, do, do, do, do
Do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do
Do, do, do, do, do, do, do

Tonight I wanna give it all to you
In the darkness
There's so much I wanna do
And tonight I wanna lay it at your feet
'Cause girl, I was made for you
And girl, you were made for me

I was made for lovin' you baby
You were made for lovin' me
And I can't get enough of you baby
Can you get enough of me

Tonight I wanna see it in your eyes
Feel the magic
There's something that drives me wild
And tonight we're gonna make it all come true
'Cause girl, you were made for me
And girl I was made for you

I was made for lovin' you baby
You were made for lovin' me
And I can't get enough of you baby
Can you get enough of me

I was made for lovin' you baby
You were made for lovin' me
And I can give it all to you baby
Can you give it all to me

Oh, can't get enough, oh, oh
I can't get enough, oh, oh
I can't get enough
Yeah, ha

Do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do
Do, do, do, do, do, do, do
Do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do, do
Do, do, do, do, do, do, do

I was made for lovin' you baby
You were made for lovin' me
And I can't get enough of you baby
Can you get enough of me

Oh, I was made, you were made
I can't get enough
No, I can't get enough

I was made for lovin' you baby
You were made for lovin' me
And I can't get enough of you baby
Can you get enough of me

I was made for lovin' you baby
You were made for lovin' me
And I can give it all to you baby



No comments: