'Once again I applaud the president and the attorney general for finally having the guts to investigate this anti American media outfit.'
- HotAirLib on May 28, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Read the First Amendment, maggot. As with your intellectual equal, Hank Johnson, you don’t have the slightest understanding of either the First Amendment or the Espionage Act of 1917.
BTW: The Huffington Post is ALSO calling for Holder’s resignation, which leaves you out in Kos and NorKo land.
‘Anyway, I will be more than happy and proud of Obama if he was behind the IRS targeting these anti USA “conservative” groups. They all need to be investigated.’
- HotAirLib on May 14, 2013 at 6:32 PM
‘You must really think I give a f@$k. As long as Obama is doing all he can to investigate and rid America off these anti USA tea party groups, I am fine.’
- HotAirLib on May 14, 2013 at 7:23 PM
‘Why the heck did Obama fire this guy? This is the part of Obama that pisses me off.’
- HotAirLib on May 15, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Your whole ‘I love America, civil liberties, the First Amendment, and patriotism’ schtick is a bunch of crap.
‘I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic.’
- Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, Democratic Party Jefferson-Jackson-Bailey Day fund-raising dinner, Connecticut, 28 April 2003
You also represent a mere sliver of the American population...
Three-quarters of U.S. voters want a special prosecutor to investigate the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of Tea Party groups, according to a poll that showed a drop in President Barack Obama’s approval and trust ratings.
In the survey released today by Hamden, Connecticut-based Quinnipiac University, registered voters favored a special prosecutor by 76 percent to 17 percent. Those backing such a move included 63 percent of Democrats.
The spotlight on the controversies has taken a toll on Obama’s standing. In the latest survey, 49 percent disapproved of his performance in office, with 45 percent approving. In a Quinnipiac poll released May 1, he received a 48 percent job-approval rating, with 45 percent disapproving.
Obama was judged honest and trustworthy by 49 percent in the latest poll, with 47 disagreeing. In September 2011, the last time Quinnipiac asked that question, 58 percent said Obama was honest and trustworthy and 37 percent said he wasn’t.
Further, you are desperately out-of-touch on a whole host of other issues, as well:
For the FIRST time in the history of the United States:
‘53% think that the federal government threatens their own personal rights and freedoms while 43% disagree. In March 2010, opinions were divided over whether the government represented a threat to personal freedom; 47% said it did while 50% disagreed. In surveys between 1995 and 2003, majorities rejected the idea that the government threatened people’s rights and freedoms… The survey finds continued widespread distrust in government. About a quarter of Americans (26%) trust the government in Washington to do the right thing just about always or most of the time; 73% say they can trust the government only some of the time or volunteer that they can never trust the government.
Majorities across all partisan and demographic groups express little or no trust in government.’
- The Pew Research Center for the People & the Press poll
Other polling results that damn your worldview…and, bear in mind that these surveys were taken BEFORE the Obama Administration was proven to being lying about Benghazi and a ridiculous YouTube video; Obama IRS’ was exposed targeting the Tea Party, ‘Patriots,’ Christian & Jewish organisations, survivors of totalitarianism – including one, who spent FOUR YEARS IN AN IMPERIAL JAPANESE CONCENTRATION CAMP – conservative grassroots assemblages (such as the Latino groups Café con Leche and the Conservative Hispanic Society); the snooping of the Associated Press and unbelievable infringement on the First Amendment in the case of James Rosen AND HIS PARENTS; Kathleen Sebelius was revealed as a shakedown artist, whose behaviour is more egregious than that of Ollie North in Iran-Contra; the DOJ’s judge shopping; etc:
* Rasmussen noted in 2010 that only 21% of the American people think that the government has the consent of the governed, and that the sentiment was ‘pre-revolutionary.’
* Gallup noted in 2011 that a higher percentage of Americans liked King George during the colonial days than currently like Congress.
* In 2010, Gallup noted that trust was plummeting in virtually all institutions.
* According to a NBC News/Wall Street Journal, 76% of Americans believe that the country’s current financial and political structures favour the rich over the rest of the country. (The corrosive effect of Corporate Cronyism, a practise embraced by both parties.
* The Washington Post reported in 2011 that Congress – ALL of Congress, including the Democrat-controlled Senate - was less popular than communism, BP during the Gulf oil spill or Nixon during Watergate. (Hmmm…wonder what they’ll think about Obama’s pending ‘Watergates’???)
* Public Policy Polling reported that Congress is also less popular than cockroaches, lice, root canals, colonoscopies, traffic jams, used car salesman and ‘Ghengis Khan.’
* For the first time since the 9/11 terrorist hijackings, Americans are more fearful their government will abuse constitutional liberties than fail to keep its citizens safe.
* Even in the wake of the April 15 Boston Marathon bombing – in which a pair of Islamic radicals are accused of planting explosives that took the lives of 3 and wounded over 280 – the Washington Post published a poll suggesting Americans are hesitant to give up any further freedoms in exchange for increased ‘security.’ (That’s N-U-T-S! The only thing we have to fear is the fear that government might become smaller, less intrusive, honour the Constitution, and protect the liberties of the American people!!!’)
* Obamacare, which was forced down the overwhelming majority of American throats, has continued its 48th month streak of being underwater in approval with even unions, who campaigned for it, calling for its repeal.
* 45% of 18 to 34-year olds are unemployed, according to a recent poll by the left-leaning public policy firm, Demos; yet, 66% have a positive opinion of entrepreneurship, 44% found ‘free markets’ are a ‘positive’ to individuals and society, and 42%believe the federal government is an opponent rather than a partner in the pursuit of the American Dream.
* More than 60% of college-age students feel that governmentshould not take an active role in their day-to-day-lives.
* 50% of Americans believe that the Federal government is hurting the economy.
* 58%of Americans believe that taxes should be DECREASED while only 21% believe that they should be increased.
* 38% of the public thinks that elected officials should focus on DECREASING the number and reach of Federal regulations while only 28% think otherwise.
* 51%of Americans believe that elected officials should focus on DECREASING the size of the Federal government while only 16% think that it should increase.
* 76%of Americans believe that elected officials should focus on CUTTING FEDERAL SPENDING rather than increasing it (11%).
'Will never happen and you know it. Until the GOP dislodges itself from this New Anti American Conservative movement also known as the Tea party, they will never win a presidential race. House and Senate races? Maybe. Presidential races? Won’t happen.'
- HotAirLib on May 28, 2013 at 8:21 PM
The political pendulum ALWAYS swings, which is why the RULE OF LAW and NOT the RULE OF MEN should be paramount.
In the late 18th and early 19th century, England was a land of debauchery that would make modern Carnival-goers blush. Yet, in 1837, Queen Victoria ushered in an unbelievably corseted, restricted, and prudish period that lasted 60 years.
In the UK, the Liberal (Democrats) were THE PARTY, a party that included such luminaries as Gladstone, Lloyd George, and Asquith. Now, they are relegated to 4th-6th place in elections after their one-hit wonder, Cleggie, proved himself to be the lightweight hypocrite that many of us knew he always was. Labour and the Tories are the parties of the elite and headed to oblivion, if they don’t make major course corrections. UKIP is stealing voters from across the spectrum and continues to grow as the ‘ruling elite’ in the LibLabCon Party and their fellow ‘intellectuals’ at The Guardian and broadsheets refer to working and middle-class Brits as ‘swivel-eyed loons, clowns, and racists.’
In the US, Democrats held the House for more than 4 decades, but have held it for only 4 of the last 19 years. Dems and Reps have split the last 10 presidential elections even after FDR & LBJ, supposedly, gave manna from Heaven to the masses. After the Wilson Administration, ‘Progressives’ couldn’t call themselves ‘Progressives’ for 80 years until they no longer could call themselves ‘Liberals’ and get elected. The Whigs are history. Both Republicans and Democrats will be, too, if they continue to govern without the consent of the people.
Look at the red-blue maps of the US beginning in 1932 through 2012. The country is much less blue than it was for much of the 20th century. It is, likewise, true that it is not as red as it was in the 80s; however, it is still more reflective of the 80s than the 30s. The country is not as ‘progressive/liberal’ as you wish nor as libertarian as I would like – nor will it ever likely be for either of us.
Do not encourage of your own that which you would oppose if done by your opponents for, one day, you shall suffer under that which you presently cheer. Instead, I, truly and respectfully, beseech you to join the ranks of the honest Progressives like Glenn Greenwald, Conor Friedersdorf and Eli Lake when it comes to civil liberties and the rule of law.
Stop being an Obama Firster, for once, and put your country and the rule of law above your party and unpopular ideology.