Fund Your Utopia Without Me.™

10 August 2012

'Toon of the Day: Reid's Source



M2RB:  Cheap Trick








Cause they're waiting for me
They're looking for me
Every single night
They're driving me insane
Those men inside my brain

The dream police, they live inside of my head (live inside of my head)

The dream police, they come to me in my bed (come to me in my bed)
The dream police, they're coming to arrest me, oh, no






Political Cartoons by Glenn McCoy




Just a reminder:


"The word's out that he hasn't paid ANY taxes for 10 years.  Let him prove that he has paid taxes,  because he hasn't." 

- Senator Harry Reid
You lie!

Romney paid $3,009,766 in Federal income taxes in 2010.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/documents/romney-2010-tax-return.html

He paid $3,226,623 in Federal income taxes in 2011.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/documents/romney-2011-estimated-1040.html

Further, the whole “investor” thing is ludicrous, too. What investor is privy to the individual tax returns or lack thereof of the ownership of an investment firm … especially when the alleged tax evader hasn’t been involved in the management of the company for more than a decade? 

Lastly, after Reid made his accusation, the Salon.com writer Alex Seitz-Wald consulted several tax attorneys about its theoretical plausibility and determined that it was “nothing short of ludicrous.”



“Anyone may arrange his affairs so that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which best pays the treasury. There is not even a patriotic duty to increase one’s taxes. 

Over and over again, the courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging his affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everyone does it, rich and poor alike and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands.” 
 
- Judge Learned Hand, a Progressive, who has been quoted more often than any other lower-court judge by legal scholars and by the Supreme Court of the United States in history




Dream Police - Cheap Trick

The dream police, they live inside of my head
The dream police, they come to me in my bed
The dream police, they're coming to arrest me, oh, no

You know that talk is cheap
And those rumors ain't nice
And when I fall asleep
I don't think I'll survive the night, the night

'Cause they're waiting for me
They're looking for me
Every single night
They're driving me insane
Those men inside my brain

The dream police, they live inside of my head (live inside of my head)
The dream police, they come to me in my bed (come to me in my bed)
The dream police, they're coming to arrest me, oh, no

Well, I can't tell lies
'Cause they're listening to me
And when I fall asleep
Bet they're spying on me tonight, tonight

'Cause they're waiting for me
They're looking for me
Every single night
They're driving me insane
Those men inside my brain

I try to sleep, they're wide awake, they won't let me alone
They don't get paid to take vacations or let me alone
They spy on me, I try to hide, they won't let me alone
They persecute me, they're the judge and jury all in one

'Cause they're waiting for me
They're looking for me
Every single night
They're driving me insane
Those men inside my brain

The dream police, they live inside of my head (live inside of my head)
The dream police, they come to me in my bed (come to me in my bed)
The dream police, they're coming to arrest me
The dream police (police, police)
The dream police (police, police)
The dream police (police, police)
The dream police (police, police)
The dream police (police, police)
The dream police (police, police)

No comments: