Fund Your Utopia Without Me.™

28 March 2013

In 1974, Hollywood Made Movie About How Government Welfare Destroyed Black Families, But Viewers Lost The Translation – VIDEO






By Wayne Dupree

Back in 1974, James Earl Jones and Diahnne Carroll starred in a movie about a woman that had a lot of kids and wanted a man in her life, but struggled with keeping one because if the government found out that he was giving her money and materialistic items, that would cut into her welfare benefits. This was so true among the black community back then and it helped destroy many families.  Watching the movie gave us entertainment and laughter, but there was an underlining message that many missed.




Here are the lyrics to the “hit song” from the Movie “Mr Welfare Man”





(Keep away from me, Mr. Welfare)

They just keep on saying I’m a lazy women, don’t love my children and I’m mentally unfit
  
I must divorce him, cut all my ties with him cuz his ways they make me say 
  
It’s a hard sacrifice (hard sacrifice), not having me a loving man
  
Society gave us no choice, tried to silence my voice pushing me on the welfare
 
I’m so tired, I’m so tired of trying to prove my equal rights
 
Though I’ve made some mistakes for goodness sakes, why should they help mess up my life?
 
Ooh, So keep away from me, Mr. Welfare. Did you hear me? Keep away from me, Mr. Welfare

Holding me back, using your tact, to make me live against my will, (hard sacrifice)
 
If that’s how it goes child, I don’t know, I can’t concede my life’s for real
 
It’s like a private eye for the FBI, just as envious as the Klu Klux Klan
 
Though I’m of pleasant fate it’s hard to relate, I’ll do the very best I can
 
Ooh, so keep away from me, ooh ooh Mr. Welfare
 
No no, did you hear me? (Keep away from me) don’t come near me, stay away, Mr. Welfare
 
They keep on saying I’m a lazy women, don’t love my children and I’m mentally unfit
 
I must divorce him, cut all my ties with him cuz his ways they make me say

Oooh, It’s a hard sacrifice. No no no no Lordy. Mr. Welfare, Stay away Mr. Welfare
 
I’m so tired, I’m so tired of trying to prove my equal rights
 
Though I’ve made some mistakes for goodness sakes, why should they help mess up my life?
 
Whoo whoo so keep away from me, Ooh ooh Mr. Welfare. Don’t you hear me? (Keep away from me)
 
Stay away Mr. Welfare.
 
They keep on saying I’m a lazy women, don’t love my children and I’m mentally unfit
 
I must just divorce the man, cut all my ties with him cuz his ways they make me say
 
Oooooooo, it’s a sacrifice (hard sacrifice), I gotta testify. (hard sacrifice)
 
Mr. Welfare, Mr. Welfare (hard sacrifice, hard sacrifice) I’m so tired, I’m so tired (hard sacrifice)
 
I’m so tired, of trying to prove my equal rights
 
Though I’ve made some mistakes for goodness sakes, why should they help mess up my life?
 
Whoo whooo whoo keep away from me, Mr. Welfare
 
Did you hear me? Keep away from me, Oooh Mr. Welfare
 
They keep saying I’m a lazy women, don’t love my children and I’m mentally unfit
 
I must divorce him, cut all my ties with him cuz his ways they make me say
 
It’s a hard sacrifice. I just want to testify. Lordy Lordy Lordy Lordy
 
Um hmmm, keep away from me. Get on, get on, keep away from me, move on, Mr. Welfare
 
Keep away from me




http://tinyurl.com/cy7t6ez

No comments: