Fund Your Utopia Without Me.™

24 May 2012

The Big Lie: Obama Is A Budget Hawk



 Music to read by:







Big lie, small world
It was a big lie, small world 






In his first 1,218 days, President Obama added $5,094,341,558,534.01 to the national debt.

How big is that number?  Compare it to some historic events (adjusted for inflation):

The Marshall Plan would cost, in today's dollars $115.3 billion dollars -- and it rebuilt Europe after World War II.

The Louisiana Purchase:  $217 billion

The Race to the Moon:  $237 billion

The S&L crisis: $256 billion

The Korean War: $454 billion 

The New Deal: $500 billion

The invasion of Iraq, $709 billion

The Vietnam War: $698 billion

The ENTIRE NASA budget through 2011:  $889.89 billion

So, all of these add up to $4.07619 trillion dollars, but Obama has already added $5,094,341,558,534.01 to the national debt.

In other words, we could have another Marshall Plan, Louisiana Purchase, Race to the Moon, S&L crisis, Korean war, New Deal, invasion of Iraq, Vietnam, 50 years of NASA, AND STILL HAVE $1.01814 TRILLION DOLLARS LEFT OVER and NOT SPEND THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT OBAMA HAS DEFICIT SPENT IN 1,218 DAYS.

At least in World War II, we were producing something, everybody was working, there was a tangible result, and we were able to stop Hitler and Hirohito.




 What does a trillion dollars look like?




Obama and his Bull Shit Team are trumpeting some BS now claiming that "federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s."  They wish.

They give ALL of FY2009 spending to George W. Bush.

Obama's Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Stimulus Act of 2009 that Obama claims saved the country from slipping into a depression?

Obama gets the "glory."  Bush gets the $787+ billion tab.

Obama's continuation of the bank bailouts that he claims "loosened the frozen credit markets"?

Obama gets the "glory."  Bush gets the $350 billion tab.

Obama's continuation of the auto bailouts of GM and Chrysler before he let them go bankrupt so that he can now claim to have saved the industry?

Obama gets the "glory."  Bush gets the $50 billion tab.

You get the idea, but the real lie is that GEORGE W BUSH NEVER SIGNED A FY2009 BUDGET.  NEVER.  EVER.  EVAH.  The Democratic Congress only passed THREE of FY2009's 12 appropriations bills:  Defence, Homeland Security, and Military Construction and Veterans Affairs.  As a result of the Democrats' failure to complete their work -- primarily because they wanted to wait until Obama was in office and they could jack up spending levels, Bush signed a continuing resolution on 30 September 2008, that kept the rest of the government running through 6 March 2009.  The CR kept the government funding for the remaining nine appropriations bills at FY 2008 levels through 6 March 2009, the expiration date.

The Democrat Congress passed the rest of them in 2009.....and President Obama signed them into law on 11 March 2009.

Congressional Quarterly (subscription required) maps out a history of the FY 2009 final appropriations bills (H.R. 1105 and PL 111-8), that would lead one to attribute most of the accelerated spending in FY2009 to President Obama in a piece titled “2009 Legislative Summary: Fiscal 2009 Omnibus.” From CQ, “the omnibus provided a total of $1.05 trillion — $410 billion of it for discretionary programs — and included many of the domestic spending increases Democrats were unable to get enacted while George W. Bush was president.” 

President Bush's proposed FY2009 budget called for spending of only $3.11 trillion, which was just a 3% increase.   President Obama and his Democrat Congress ended up spending $3.52 trillion in 2009, which represented a 17.9% increase in spending -- the highest single-year percentage spending increase since the Korean War.

By January 2010, spending as a percentage of GDP was 25.2% -- the highest it has been in the United States since World War II.


FY2008

Total Government:  $4.6718t
Defence &
International:  $644.9b
Net Interest:  $264.11b

Federal Payments for Individuals
Social Security &
Medicare:   $1.0661
Other:  $758.1

Other Federal:  $260.7
State and Local
From Own Sources
(Except Net Interest):  $1.6778t



FY2009

Total Government:  $5.1699t
Defence &
International:  $698.6b
Net Interest:  $212.9b

Federal Payments for Individuals
Social Security &
Medicare:   $1.1746t
Other:  $917.9b
 
Other Federal:  $539.7b
State and Local
From Own Sources
(Except Net Interest):  $1.6263t



Percentage Change

Total Government:  + 10.66%
Defence &
International:  + 8.33%
Net Interest:  -19.3%

Federal Payments for Individuals
Social Security &
Medicare:   + 10.18%
Other:  + 21.11%

Other Federal:  + 107.02%
State and Local
From Own Sources
(Except Net Interest): - 3.1%



Source:  www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2013/assets/hist15z4.xls
 


Yes, Obama's spending as a percentage of GDP has gone down, but only ever so slightly:

  • During George W Bush's 8 years as president, spending averaged 19.6% of GDP.  
  • Under President Clinton, spending as a percentage of GDP was 19.8%. 
  • In the decades following World War II, the average has been 19.7%.  
  • For Obama's first term, the average is projected to be 24.3%.


Obama is such a "budget hawk" that his OWN party has defeated his last two budgets....unanimously.   Obama's own  'A New Era of Responsibility: Renewing America’s Promise’ budget would have ‘only’ jacked up Federal spending by a stunning 18% -- a rate of increase ‘nearly 3 times the average growth rate of Federal outlays over the previous 10 years,’ according to the CBO, but it is totally responsible.  Don't believe me?  Ask him and all of the Obama Firsters.  They'll tell ya: He is positively a piker.



"Big Lie, Small World"


I sat down and wrote this letter
Telling you that I felt better
Since you've gone and I was free
I'm so happy

I have so little time to spare now
I'm wanted almost everywhere now
I make out like Casanova
Friends are always coming over

I signed my name as if I meant it
And sealed it with a kiss and sent it
The letter headed through my mood
Happy in my solitude

But halfway home I changed my tune
And when I saw my lonely room
The mirror caught my eye
When I sat down, I cried

Big lie, small world
It was a big lie, small world

I had to intercept that letter
Telling you that I was better
I raced to catch the postman's van
He was leaving as I ran

I missed the bus, I missed the train
I end up walking in the rain
Big dog chased me down the street
Hadn't had a bite to eat

Feeling sorry for myself
And wishing I was someone else
I walked across the city
Because I couldn't stand your pity

Big lie, small world
It was a big lie, small world

The place you live looks opulent
And obviously a higher rent
Than a cozy little room
I had this sense of doom

Your landlord says you're out of town
But your new boyfriend's always around
The hour was getting late
So I sit down and wait

Here's the postman with my letter
Coming down the path he better
Give that thing to me
I have to make him see

Begging doesn't do the trick
He thinks that I'm a lunatic
But then who comes upon the scene
But your new boyfriend, Mr. Clean

I hit the postman, hit your lover
Grabbed the letter, ran for cover
The police arrived in time for tea
They said they'd like to question me

But I can only curse my fate
I had to face the magistrate
It hasn’t been the best of days
I'd like to fly away

Big lie, small world
Big lie, small world
It was a big lie, small world
Big lie, small world

No comments: