Fund Your Utopia Without Me.™

28 October 2013

Former Dem Staffer: “I Spent Two Years Defending Obamacare… I Was Wrong. Very Wrong”…





Told ya so...

From the Chicago Sun-Times via Weasel Zippers:

Sue Klinkhamer has a problem.

It’s called Obamacare.

And the irony of her situation is not lost on her. In a recent email addressed to her former boss, Illinois Congressman Bill Foster, and other Democratic colleagues, she wrote:

“I spent two years defending Obamacare. I had constituents scream at me, spit at me and call me names that I can’t put in print. The congressman was not re-elected in 2010 mainly because of the anti-Obamacare anger. When the congressman was not re-elected, I also (along with the rest of our staff) lost my job. I was upset that because of the health care issue, I didn’t have a job anymore but still defended Obamacare because it would make health care available to everyone at, what I assumed, would be an affordable price. I have now learned that I was wrong. Very wrong.” 

For Klinkhamer, 60, President Obama’s oft-repeated words ring in her ears: “If you like your health plan, you will keep it.”

When Klinkhamer lost her congressional job, she had to buy an individual policy on the open market.

Three years ago, it was $225 a month with a $2,500 deductible. Each year it went up a little to, as of Sept. 1, $291 with a $3,500 deductible. Then, a few weeks ago, she got a letter. 

“Blue Cross,” she said, “stated my current coverage would expire on Dec. 31, and here are my options: I can have a plan with similar benefits for $647.12 [or] I can have a plan with similar [but higher] pricing for $322.32 but with a $6,500 deductible.” 

She went on, “Blue Cross also tells me that if I don’t pick one of the options, they will just assume I want the one for $647. … Someone please tell me why my premium in January will be $356 more than in December?” 

The sticker shock Klinkhamer is experiencing is something millions of individual policyholders are reeling from having gotten similar letters from their private insurers. 

Keep reading…



http://tinyurl.com/lpqcyey


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have absolutely NO sympathy for any Democrat that supported, no, shoved Obama are down the throats of Americans. My insurance (from my company) has gone way up and I now have as $2,500 deductible. On my salary this is equivalent to my son and I NOT being able to afford seeing our doctor. The explanation:Insurance companies have to cover pre-existing conditions,no lifetime caps and "children" staying on parent's policies until they are 26. Democrats and statist republicans are fascists and have succeeded in destroying our democratic republic. This woman is as guilty as Obama for the suffering they have PURPOSELY put on their fellow Americans. I am glad she unlike the political elite will suffer right along with the rest of us!