(For those of you, who are unaware, "Mo" is a nickname of mine)
1) The United States should only get involved in conflicts abroad where there is a direct and imminent threat to the nation and its security.
2) The United States should stay out of civil wars.
3) If war is declared upon us, CRUSH, and I mean C-R-U-S-H, the enemy.
As the ever-helpful MarshFox reminded me:
“To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!”
- Conan the Barbarian
4) Fight to win or stay home.
5) The United States has an abysmal record of siding with despots, arming radical extremists and terrorists, and propping up tinpot dictators. Know your enemy, your "ally," recognise self-determination, and MYOB.
(No installing new governments then "finding out who or what is in it")
6) Unless the United States is under attack or imminent threat of attack, the President must get Congressional approval for all actions involving military operations abroad pursuant to Art. I, Sec. 8, Clause 11 and the War Powers Resolution Act.
7) When people want to kill each other, let them.